REFLECTOR: battery

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 21:05:53 CST 2006

I have a PC925 in my plane. I chose the one with the metal jacket.  You can take a thin piece of metal or a long putty knife and push it down between the case and battery (they are held in with a little silicone) and remove the very nice power coated case.  The bottom is mostly open with a 3/16" hole in each corner.  I countersunk the holes to flush some SS flush head #3 machine screws to mount the box on the battery platform.  Presto, one custom fitted battery case!!  All you need to make is a battery hold down.

As far as during building get a cheap garden tractor battery with Thumb screw binding posts and a good 2-10 amp auto charger that you use to charge it during building and testing and then to keep your aircraft battery topped off when you are finished building.

Jim.

James F. Agnew Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com Tampa, FL Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying