REFLECTOR: battery

Randy Wharton rwharton at buckeye-express.com
Wed Feb 1 19:04:39 CST 2006

Hi, Grigore,

Until you get close to flying, any old 12 volt battery will do the job. When
I was working on my speed brake, I was using the 12 volt battery out of my
riding lawn mower. When I start getting more electrical load wired up, I'll
just get an Autozone (cheap) battery to use until I get ready to buy the one
I plan to fly with which will cost more.

And yes, switching the red and black wires will reverse the speed brake
actuator. The double pole, double throw switch accomplishes the same thing
once you get it all wired up. And you'll find that the actuator has built-in
cutoff switches at each end of its travel, so it's possible to install the
system without using a micro-switch to switch off the actuator in the closed
position. I have photos and explanations of how I did mine on my website:
http://clik.to/velocity

Randy