REFLECTOR: Elevator Trim Spring

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Wed Feb 1 17:04:04 CST 2006

Hi John,
If you keep the same spring, the pitch trim actuator will need to be
remounted slightly forward on the canard so that when the linear actuator is
fully retracted, it will result in more "trailing edge up" elevator travel.
Another way to accomplish the same thing is to re-mount the steel bracket
that attaches the spring to the elevator torque tubes - drill out the
exiting rivits - move the elevator up about 0.5" and redrill and rivit the
bracket to the elevator torque tube.
If the pitch trim is currently "close" but not close enough ... try adding a
few plies of uni cloth to the fiberglass spring.  Stiffening the spring may
be all that's required.
SB