REFLECTOR: New velocity builder setting up shop.

Barber Law Firm CBarber at TexasAttorney.net
Wed Feb 1 17:01:06 CST 2006

Ok, one obvious omission, at least to me, is a shop vac.  I must use it
'bout as much as any other tool.  Also, good quality sandpaper....this is
one place where HF is not the answer.  The one I like the most is from Home
Depot (Lowes does not carry it in the Houston area) is Norton brand 3X.  It
is advertised on the labels not to clog and to last 3 times as long....from
what I can see, that is a very accurate claim.  This has become much more
pressing to me since I am in the TEDIOUS micro, sand, repeat, repeat, repeat
process.  If you do not yet know how much a difference good sand paper can
make, buy some HB cheap stuff and some good stuff and compare.  It IS worth
the time (it was for me)

I echo Alex's comments.  I have a 5 inch DA sander and an inline sander and
have used them with much success in conjunction with hand sanding including
a really long block for wings.  Some would never think to use a power tool
on their plane.....I, on the other hand have had no problems with power
tools and appreciate the perceived time savings.

Gotta love Harbor Freight.  If'n I was making my living with the tools from
there, no go.  But, for us small time operators, even with big projects,
they are great....and all but disposable at the price.

FWIW.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber