REFLECTOR: Alternator

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Wed Feb 1 15:39:48 CST 2006

I have my engine down for some "modifications" while it is the somewhat off
flying time of the year.  I have been running a auto "who knows what" zone
alternator for almost 500 hours.  I had to pick what I could at a local  auto
parts shop when I lost my alternator while going to OSK in 97.  I  think that
500 hrs is enough for a alternator that cost $55.00.

I have the B&C linier voltage regulator, so I want to stay with a  alternator
without a built in regulator.

I can afford more than $55.00 ;-)  Any ideas as to a "airworthy" auto  unit.
I have the large AS sheave on the existing alternator.

Thanks for the attention,

TEC