REFLECTOR: New velocity builder setting up shop.

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 14:17:21 CST 2006

Get at least a 5 HP compressor, air tools especially sanders can really eat air.

Your air tools will eat themselves up from the fiberglass dust so Harbor Freight tools are good enough.  No warning just screech and stop!!

A rechargeable drill is a must, and only a Makita will last.  I like (have 3) the 9.6V driver drill for its size, weight, two speed (variable), and screw driving torque settings.  The batteries will go and maybe the chucks but you cannot kill them.

A Dremel tool is a must as are the HF small 3/4" diamond cutting wheels anywhere from $2.99 to $9.99 a pack of 5.

A small drill press is very handy.

Buy REALLY good drill bits and get extra 3/16" and 1/4" size since they will wear down fast in fiberglass causing under size holes so inserting bolts will tend to fracture the resin around the hole.

Get a HF 6" digital caliper for about $15, you will find it really handy especially for transferring dimensions.

Jim

James F. Agnew Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com Tampa, FL Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying