REFLECTOR: Door guides

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 30 18:04:04 CST 2006

Kurt,

I'm using an uncommon door strut arrangement that
another Velocity builder came up with (Nate Calvin).
When I replaced my gas struts I couldn't find the
ideal combination of travel and pressure (100psi!) so
I ended up sacrificing some travel. However, I was
able to get each door to open about 2" higher by
placing 1/2" risers between the gas spring attach
bracket and the door. You can just use a wood blocks
and longer screws to see what size works best, then
switch to polished aluminum :).

You need to make sure the risers doesn't cause the
springs to over compress.

FWIW, Pat