REFLECTOR: Door guides

Velocity_AZ velocity_az at cox.net
Tue Dec 26 12:42:18 CST 2006

I too took Kurt's advice and stiffened the top of the doors with additional
glass. I also use a gas spring that's only 40 lbs of pressure and they hold
the doors up fine. I believe that I'm getting full extension with these
springs (haven't noticed other Velocitys doors openning more than mine).

Here is the model number of the springs I use - just ordered new ones as
they only last about 3-4 years before they can't hold the door up when
taxiing.
Ordered from www. <http://www.spdhardware.com/> spdhardware.com/
SPD-GSNI-5300-40
$12.76 each