REFLECTOR: Canard - good news

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Fri Dec 22 23:33:03 CST 2006

Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Canard - good news

Great News AL.  Glad to hear you seem to have most of your issues sorted
out.  I was wondering how your oil cooling is working and what you did to
solve your initial problems.  I followed you your lead on the wing root oil
cooler, and am interested in what modifications you made to make it perform.

Thanks,

Joe;

I made more of a complete ram scoop under the wing, and the temps are fine.
I don't have a photo yet of the new scoop. Data suggests there is still less
than optimum air flow, so the exit fairing I have on top of the wing is
probably not the best, but as long as the cooling is fine I won't concern
myself about it.

Al