REFLECTOR: Enhanced photos Cozy Loss of Catto Prop

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 20 14:08:04 CST 2006

I just received the following note from Craig Cato and I'm posting it since it contains some important information.

I took five of the Cozy pictures and enhanced them increasing their sharpness and contrast, the failure mode is clearly visible.  The center flange looks like it is threaded as do the drive studs and one stud (the one opposite the last bolt) looks like the prop was moving almost 1/4".  Sam DaSilva looked at the original pictures and we were speculating the the prop finally departed the one remaining bolt and was slung away by the remaining bolt which caused the bending of the bolt attachment stud.

I can't attach the 5 pictures due to their 1.5MB each size so if anyone has a way to post them let me know.

Jim