REFLECTOR: Running LOP

Dave Philipsen velocity at davebiz.com
Thu Dec 14 14:24:30 CST 2006

I think Chuck's answer is right on the money.  Simply leaning until
sputtering may not insure that the all cylinders are lean of peak.  You
could have one cylinder running lean and the others in the "red box".
It's entirely possible that your carbureted engine won't run well LOP
because of variation in fuel flow to the individual cylinders.

--
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD-FG