REFLECTOR: Running LOP

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed Dec 13 15:23:06 CST 2006

I'm a huge fan of LOP operations.

I would never recommend it unless you were running some type of engine
monitor that included all cylinder EGT/CHT readouts.

A simple rule of thumb is:

Once you have that set up, the minumum is 50 degrees LOP. And remember
thats the last cylinder to reach 50 LOP, not the first.  You want every
cylinder 50 LOP or more.  Some may be as high as 100 LOP.

As long as its running smooth at 50 LOP you can then lean even more to
what ever you need.  Maximum power at will be 50 LOP.

I would recommend reading John deacon's articles about running LOP for a
detailed explanation of how and why.

http://www.avweb.com/news/pelican/182544-1.html

Scott