REFLECTOR: Brake lines (was "Builders Moments")

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 09:33:29 CST 2006

I used #3 Airquip SS-Teflon hose covered with heat shrink to prevent the epoxy from getting into the braid and turning it into a bar and simply covered it with one fine bid along the back edge of of my FG gear leg.  Eighty hours and no problems.

I saw the installation with the right angle fitting on the RG gear leg connected to a hose.  It looked like an aluminum fitting and I wonder if it would be better if steel since aluminum can crack after prolonged working from the hose vibration and gear operation.  The other problem that I see is the use of the gear will cause the hose to try and loosen the screw connection and I hope that it is locked somehow.  Locktite maybe?

Jim

James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying