REFLECTOR: "Builders Moments"

Christopher Barber CBarber at TexasAttorney.net
Sat Dec 9 06:21:12 CST 2006

MessageI know what you mean Alex, I am at that stage where soooo much has
been done, and it looks like and "feels" like a real airplane, BUT there are
SOOOOOO many little things to do.....like that pesky first engine start <g>.
I do feel as if I am completing an airplane now instead of making airplane
parts.....that may be the problem, there is so much to do, little things
that need to all fall together to actually finish. I have spent a lot of
time out at the hangar, but the progress is not as obvious now.....before, I
got exited, "hey, I am starting the canard" .....very obvious
milestone......now it is more like "hey, my throttle cable sure is moving
smoothly".......still great to me, but not quite the same impact.   The
Builder's Moments need to now gel into a flying hours.

Once again Andy, nicely done.  It makes me even more anxious to get flying
and take a trip to MI.

All the best,

Chris
  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Alex
  Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006 5:12 PM
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: "Builders Moments"

  I think I have had that moment going for about 5 months now- I am sure
something will eventually fall on my head and I will be able to get
something done, but seems like I go to the hanger every week, but no
progress to speak of--------- almost got engine start 2 weeks ago though-
felt good to see some exhaust exiting the pipe, only had 3/6 firing though-
need to troubleshoot- will stare at it for a few hours in the
morning......maybe some Christmas fairies will show up to finish it while I
am asleep......

  Alex