REFLECTOR: FG vs. RG thing

davedent at comcast.net davedent at comcast.net
Wed Aug 30 11:40:24 CDT 2006

My XL/RG uses a IO-540 260 hp and it does just fine.  I have taken off from 7000 ft. DA and had no problems.  Even at high weights.  But I didn't climb all that great. But it does just fine with this engine.  At 12500 ft I'm burning just under 12 gph.  I'm seeing a good 175 kts as well. I'm happy with this. I'm sure if you are running a 340 hp engine your burn won't be this good but you'll climb a lot better.  Of course you go like stink as well.  There are some trade offs of course.
Dave

From: len.baxter at gm.com