REFLECTOR: FG vs. RG thing

len.baxter at gm.com len.baxter at gm.com
Wed Aug 30 10:30:26 CDT 2006

Pat

Thanks for your thoughts and the great picture........

A question for you and the other XLRGs flying........  You indicate 340 hp
in your notes( what engine?).    How much Hp do you really need and/or use
for special situations like high density altitude???

Len

__________________

Len,

I was about to reply when I read Andy's post on the
pros and cons of each model which I thought was
perfect. I had nothing to add. Let me know if you have
any specific questions - i have 150 hrs on my XLRG.

Since you've decided to stick with the RG and all, for
motivation I've attached a pic of how you'll look one
day doing a high speed low pass!

Funny side story: my wife and I flew up to Fox field
on Saturday to take some pics and visit Craig Woolston
and John Schoorl who are just about to fly their
XLFG-5. Their plane looks great and you can see the
excitement on their faces. Kevin and Brooke Steiner
happened to be there with their Velocity, Deception. I
had previously only seen their plane in pictures which
don't do it justice - it's truly spectacular. Oh, and
Jorge and Ygebor Bujanda (also XLFG builders) were
there too! Small world.

Pat