REFLECTOR: Nav/Comm Coax in FB Wings

bdtopp at comcast.net bdtopp at comcast.net
Mon Aug 28 09:32:45 CDT 2006

   I am having difficulty determining which of the coax cables exiting the wing roots is the Comm cable and which is the Nav cable.  It is also unclear whether my wings were from Allan Shaw or from the Velocity factory as they were delivered around the time Allan was getting out of the fast build business.  I called Velocity and they recommended that I look down the coax conduit hole as the Nav cable terminates first.  Unfortunetly my wings are on the airplane and I can't see down the coduit far enough.
   I noticed something on how the cables were marked and was wondering if anybody on the reflector reconizes the markings.  The cables exiting both wing roots are marked in the following manner.  There is a longer cable with black duct tape wrapped around it, and, the shorter cable has grey duct tape wrapped around it.  Does anybody know if these markings mean something???  I am guessing since both wing roots are marked in the same manner that it does.  Thanks...

Bruce Topp
XL-FG