REFLECTOR: Nose Oil Cooler cable connection

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Sun Aug 27 12:50:05 CDT 2006

Phil,

The flapper and cable connection for the RG is shown in Chapter 12 of the on
line manuals - in my paper manual it was in Chapter 17 - in the back of the
engine installation section.

As described in the manuals, the handle goes the wrong way - pull to close
using a cable and locking twist handle like used by Velocity.

I reversed the travel with some aluminum sheet to make a bellcrank.  It
works fine except when trying to close the heat off (yes - it can supply TOO
much heat) at cruise speed.  So, I slow down to about 120 knots and it will
close fine.

Ronnie