REFLECTOR: MT CS Prop

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Wed Aug 23 16:48:02 CDT 2006

In a message dated 8/23/2006 2:04:45 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
c.harbert at comcast.net writes:

I talked  with Scott Baker today and he said that the MT CS prop is what the
factory  is recommended and their not having the problems with blades since
MT  redesigned them, and the seal problems are  cured.

Really, I spent over $5,000 out of my own pocket to buy the "new and
improved" blades for my prop on my IO-360.  Same crap as the old  blades.  After 40
hrs, #1 blade is so loose, and the bearings are beat out  that it will not
change pitch, and leaks grease.  This caused me to  complete a flight in cruise
pitch, and I am now putting my Performance prop back  on.

The mt will never go back on.  300hrs on the prop, 8 removals due to
warranty issues, and over $18,000 spent so far.

I will be fighting a battle again with MT, which will probably lead to a  law
suit this time as the new blades that I was assured would prevent the
bearing/grease seal problems have not, and are no different than the old.   I have
had it with them.  I always here from mt, " we never have had this  problem
before", or, "your running electronic ignition", or "you have high  compression
pistons and that is the problem".  How many horse power do  those Extras put
through the props.

I would not recommend a mt at lease for the 4 bangers.

Run Forest, Run!!

TEC