REFLECTOR: Insurance

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Tue Aug 22 22:13:40 CDT 2006

Then I need to get insurance (which has been a major hassle so far), I'm
getting told we need at least 250 hrs TT for a XL-FG to even quote
liability.  Oh well, life is full of risk, I think John and I both
jeopardized are marriage building this thing.

Craig

XL-5FG, Palmdale, CA

N541SW is borne.

Craig;

I got a quote from 'Skysmith' Insurance that was unacceptable - underwritten
by AIG.  I then called Pam and AUA and about 2-3 weeks later had a better
quote (same atrocious rate, but lesser requirements) - underwritten by
Aerospace Insurance Managers, Inc.

I think it better to let Michael practice a bit more on my plane before he
flies yours :-).

Al