REFLECTOR: Oil Temps - Ground Ops

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 14:57:51 CDT 2006

That doesn't sound like anything I'd sweat at this
point. It's a new engine and that's a hot day. I had
similar issues.

Realistically, with that kind of OAT, you want to be
able to do some extensive taxiing and idling (for
those Las Vegas trips!) while keeping the oil temp
below say 220* but that's about all. As it turns out,
a little energy management goes a long way...

With an OAT temp of say 70* or below, you should
pretty much be able to do what you want on the ground
and still keep the oil temps in check.

FWIW, Pat

--- Craig and/or Denise Woolston