REFLECTOR: Landing Gear Bolts

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Mon Aug 21 21:52:21 CDT 2006

Al,

I have seen several reports of BENT landing gear pivot bolts, but never a
report of BROKEN gear bolts.  Apparently higher strength than the original
Grade 5 bolts is a good thing.  I'm going out to the hangar tomorrow morning
to see whether the kit I took delivery of in 1999 came with Gr 5 bolts or Gr
8 bolts there.

Keith Hallsten

  _____