REFLECTOR: Fixed vs RG

Dave Dent davedent at comcast.net
Mon Aug 21 19:23:36 CDT 2006

I found out the  bolts were first grade five tractor bolts.  Scott Baker told me that in 1999 they changed them out to grade eight bolts. Don't know what they have on the fixed gear, could check. Also found that in the plans, they give the wrong thread size for the XL also they mix SE and XL terms in the instructions.  Some one needs to proof read the instructions better.  I found this through out all their plans.
Main thing in checking with the grade eight bolts is to check where they are made.  I found some maid in China as well in the states.  It would be good if some one could get some tested from different venders and let us all know.  That is for tensile and torsional strength.  I'll check into this.  Seeing that I have some time before I will be flying again.  I have some skin repair to do.  It's composite, we can fix it. Just take a little time and $$$$$.
Dave