REFLECTOR: Dimmer Doubts and the Wiring Saga Continues

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 09:38:23 CDT 2006

MessageTerry,

Your statements for the dimming system are correct. Your enunciators should have power sitting at the bulb waiting for the ground to turn it on. Because you will be varying the voltage from your dimmer to the enunciators, when one of you enunciators is on you will have control of the brightness. Something that you might think about, you said that you were going to dim your warning lights. This is not a common practice. If it is a true warning light it is not typically dimmed. The point is that it is there to tell you to take action and it should be bright enough get your attention. High power circuits like your pitot heat, landing lights or fuel pumps should break the circuit on the positive side.

Andy