REFLECTOR: Rudder flutter fix

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 01:47:03 CDT 2006

Hey Tim,

Hopefully late is better than never on this...

I measured my winglet/rudder toe-in as you described
below and found it to be 1.25".

Please note that when making the winglet leading edge
measurement, the measuring tape needed to drape over
the cowling. Although I could have made a straight
line measurement between the rudder trailing edges, I
created a false cowl hump between them to get an
accurate toe-in reading. For reference, this added .5"
to the measurement.

I have the Dynamic Wing (Alan Shaw) wings a la 1997.
Apparently you have Alan's wings too as I looked at
your wings/winglets/rudders at Osh and they appeared
to be identical to mine.

Finally, I don't remember what the "cuff" looked like
on the outboard side of your winglets/rudders. I
placed a straight edge on mine and the gap was about
1/4". See attached pic.

Hope this helps, Pat