REFLECTOR: RG System hydraulic oil

Jeffrey Clough jclough at gci.net
Thu Aug 17 01:37:27 CDT 2006

I used a local hydraulic shop for some help rebuilding my main gear
hydraulic cylinder after I dinged up one of the seals and caused it to
leak. (Caused by a drop of epoxy on the shaft)  I asked them if I could
purchase some add'l  hydraulic oil and if what they had matched my mil
spec oil....they said,  'Just use ATF' (Automatic Transmission
Fluid).......they even said they could be mixed with no
consequences....has anybody heard of this ...or tried it?
Jeff Clough   173RG Franklin IVO Clamshell