REFLECTOR: Retractable Gear Problems

MMurp16900 at aol.com MMurp16900 at aol.com
Wed Aug 16 10:14:49 CDT 2006

Subject
stick or rod
I am looking at Velocity Views volume 32  page 8 thru 10.Gear UP  landings.
"If you don't have an access hole in the keel just below the nose gear over
center linkage, you should put two in now.This will allow you to use your
finger  or a short rod to reach into the keel and force the nose gear over center
linkage to the locked position.if this access hole is on both sides of the
keel.It will allow you to insert the rod all the way through the keel to lock
the over center linkage."Duane Swing April 2002

I question using a finger,
We carry a 5/16 rod.
    I tried it on the ground with the aircraft on jacks and  it works.
Mack