REFLECTOR: Aileron slop

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 20:02:26 CDT 2006

The simple answer is "approach angles."

These approach angles exist where both ends of the
aileron cables attach to bell cranks. The approach
angle between the cables and the bell crank inside the
cabin (back of the keel) causes the throw of the
cables to be uneven.

There are lots of posts in the archive (and some just
a couple week ago) about this and what the ideal
rigging should be.

Here's a link to some pics Ronnie put up on tvbf on
this:

http://www.tvbf.org/gallery/index.php?dir=airframe_construction%2Fwings%2F173%2Faileron%20travel

Pat