REFLECTOR: Accident/Incident

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 15 16:01:08 CDT 2006

I carry a long Philips head screw driver under the carpet on the pilot
side for over center help if my nitrogen cylinder does not push the
linkage over and can lock it across the keel for support to prevent a
hard nose strike from popping the linkage back the wrong way if I do not
have hydraulic pressure.   I agree it is not needed if all is installed
and adjusted properly, but...  Things happen.  Screws strip, bolts
break, seals rupture, mounting brackets wallow out and stretch so I
carry a helper and recommend it.  It is a hollow feeling to have nothing
to work with and nothing to try after high G pulls.

Rene'