REFLECTOR: Nose wheel shimmy

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Sat Aug 12 05:54:44 CDT 2006

Ken is a close friend of everyone at Velocity.
The idea of a locking Velocity nose wheel was first tried on the factory
training aircraft, N94VA.
Like a lot of new ideas, it was a "throw it together and see if it works"
system.  The locking pin worked fine during tests.
It was later removed because this aircraft, after almost 10-years of service
and thousands of landings, has not had any issues with nose wheel shimmy.
Ken was interested in installing the system on his aircraft. After test
flying and liking the results, Ken has taken a lot of time and effort to
refine the nose wheel locking pin system into a quality system.
SB
.