REFLECTOR: Mechanical Nose Gear Doors Part 2

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Thu Aug 10 08:23:16 CDT 2006

One thing you could do is place oilite flanged bushings at the pivot point
of the angles and arms where the #10 bolts are.  You could easily do this,  and
removing a washer or two on the 5/16" bolt will allow for the increased
span.  These are the same bushings used on the hinges of the  elevator.  Make sure
that you have enough spring pressure to keep the doors  open in flight
against any air flow.

If/when my hydraulic system goes down (11 years and counting) I would surly
consider your system.

TEC