REFLECTOR: Air scoop for oil cooler

Chuck Harbert c.harbert at comcast.net
Thu Aug 10 02:44:16 CDT 2006

Al, a Cozy builder friend used an airspeed indicator to see how much
velocity he was getting into his naca scoop. At 140 kts, he was getting only
80 kts, but after he added VG's in front of naca, he was at 140kts, and had
much better cooling. Manometer would be more accurate, but airspeed might be
easier.

Chuck H

Al wrote:
I have that instrumentation.  Didn't get that data because the test pilot
was a bit preoccupied with high oil temps and all, but we'll get it next
time.  I'm going to see if I can water manometer tubes below and above the
cooler as well.