REFLECTOR: fuselage cradle

Joe Ewen jewen at comporium.net
Wed Aug 9 18:47:54 CDT 2006

Steve,

I have 26" clearance from the fuselage to the ground @ the firewall station.
Not sure how much this helps since it is on a 173 RG, not an XL.  I chose
the firewall station since the fuselage is curved in this area and it was
the closest reference point.  This measurement is with the engine installed,
I mention this because the gear is loaded and the clearance will be somewhat
lower.  You may want to make your cradle with some ability to adjust height.
Hope this helps,
Joe