REFLECTOR: Mechanical Nose Gear Doors

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Wed Aug 9 15:06:22 CDT 2006

Trying to reinvent the wheel. On the Standard RG, the nose gear door
actuator was not operating correctly so we decided to make a mod to a
mechanical door operation.

I am still a long was off from flying but I thought I would post a pair
of pictures to see if anyone might have any suggestions or concerns.
Obviously it works well on jacks, but there is no air pressure on it,
and I was looking for thoughts of how it might do in flight and if there
is anything I should look into changing (i.e. larger springs, etc.)

Richard