REFLECTOR: It's an airplane

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 7 19:30:13 CDT 2006

 Al,
Congrats.   All the best.
Terry

From: Al Gietzen <mailto:ALVentures at cox.net>
To: reflector <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2006 9:42 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: It's an airplane

A high speed nose lift; a high speed crow hop; and finally off and away
around the pattern; the 20B powered Velocity, N755V maid its maiden
flight yesterday, 8/04/06.  What an exciting milestone - even though in
this case I was watching from the ground as the test pilot did his
thing.

The engine performed well, and the pilot reported that all handling
characteristics were good.  The flight was short, however; because the
oil temp was 10-15F higher than the limit I had set, and the pilot did
the right thing in abbreviating the flight so that can be evaluated and
changes made as necessary.  All in all, with that as the only issue of
note at this point; it was a good day.

I'll have some photos and more info later.

Al

  _____