REFLECTOR: Sump Tank Design Change Suggestion

Chuck Harbert c.harbert at comcast.net
Sat Aug 5 11:39:12 CDT 2006

You can make sharp corner lay-ups by making up a stiff mixture (peanut
butter) of epoxy and cabo, then put a thin layer over the sanded area. Next
apply 1 layer of light weight bid that has all the excess epoxy squeegeed
out of it on top of the epoxy/cabo. Cover with peel ply, and bake in the
oven for 3 hours at 350 degrees (just kidding about the baking part). You
can apply additional layers using the same technique.

Seriously, if you don't try using a layer of epoxy/cabo before you put down
your glass, you're really missing out on a way to do strong and easy
bonding.  The cabo doesn't run and holds the glass so it can't bubble. A
professional V builder (6 planes) showed me this trick 10 yrs ago. You can
make almost any shape with this technique.

Chuck H