REFLECTOR: CG Envelope

Craig and/or Denise Woolston cdwoolston at verizon.net
Fri Aug 4 19:29:04 CDT 2006

I've noticed that the factory is now advertising the XL-5 as a 1,800lbs
empty weight, 2,900 lbs gross weight airplane.  I assume that the cg
envelope remains the same as before, just higher weight.  The book lists the
range as 127in to 134in from the nose.  Has anyone heard differently?

Also the first flight box is 130in to 132in but it only goes up to 2100lbs.
Can we also assume since the empty weight has increased 100 lbs that that
everything has shifted to the right a 100lbs and thus the first flight box
is up 2200 lbs.  I need nose ballast right now (no interior installed yet)
to get the cg in the first flight box with low fuel loads, but I'm real
close to the weight limit of 2100lbs.  What have others done?

Craig

XL-5FG, Palmdale, CA

N541SW has taxied.