REFLECTOR: Correct wing measurements

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 14:46:12 CDT 2006

Since the subject has come up on flutter and the measurements that are needed to check you winglet toe-in is very critical, I thought I should add something that I found building my wings. I was to the point of needing to trim my wings for the winglets that I noticed that I couldn't get the template to line up as the manual suggested. I took several pictures of the problem and sent them to Velocity and asked what I was doing wrong. What was determined was that the picture of the X measurement was shown wrong in the manual. This measurement should not angle out to the leading edge as shown on figure 2-25. This X dimension should be measured straight down the leading edge of the spar. This correction came from Scott Swing who stated that the manual would be updated to correct this issue. If you make the X and Z measurements correctly, you will have very close to the 1" winglet toe in that you need. I just tested this last week when I attached my winglets.

Andy Ellzey