REFLECTOR: exceeding Vne and Airventure cup race

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Thu Aug 3 08:54:04 CDT 2006

r.  At Oshkosh I talked to Duane Swing at length about the rudder flutter
and he recommended some diagnostic work and a fix which I am presently
doing. So Next year I should be faster in the race

 Tim Rhodenbaugh

Thanks for report, Tim.  Can you tell us what diagnostic work and fix Duane
recommended?  I would think shimming the rudder outward a tad would be in
order.

BTW; you say you tightened the return springs - at the rudder, or at the
pedal (or other)?

Thanks,

Al