REFLECTOR: Velocity 173 RG Elite uncompleted kit for sale

Dale Alexander dalexan48 at dslextreme.com
Wed Aug 2 20:09:49 CDT 2006

Hi all,

Once again, all this talk about runway length has me concerned about
take-off distances. My home airport here is 2500 ft long, 1300 ft. in
altitude and sits on a bluff as well. In the summer, temps routinely are in
the 90-100 deg range for months on end. Coupled with the fact that I am
building a 173 RG with a 200-hp engine and do not want to base the plane
20-25 miles from home, I believe it is time to reconsider my game plan.

I am putting my Velocity up for sale. It was purchased in 1996, DMO 404. The
wings and canard are 90-95% complete. The retract gear and plumbing are
installed. The windows are cut out and fitted (door windows not yet), the
doors have been mounted but not fitted. The next step in construction would
be fitting the engine, strakes and doors. I now have approximately 1,000
hours in construction time and would estimate an additional 1,000 to
completion.

I will sell the kit with all remaining construction material, records. It
has an engine mounting kit and new, unmounted Catto prop. Also available is
a Lycoming IO-360 A3B6D 200 HP fuel injected engine with prop governor and a
sump for the correct orientation of the fuel servo The engine came out of a
Mooney 20 and has 1650 hrs on it now.

I spoke with Travis at Velocity this morning and confirmed that he can
transport the fuselage with center spar attached coast to coast for approx.
$4000 w/o the engine. If you would like a more correct figure, I would
contact him directly with your location. I am near Chico, CA. 90 miles north
of Sacramento.

Greg Poole was my guest for a few days recently and he can give his opinion
of the 173 to you.

At the time I purchased the kit from Velocity, it cost $28,000. I am asking
$25,000 with the engine and prop. Please contact me off the Reflector at:

Dalexan48 at dslextreme.com

I will supply more history of construction, pictures and warts to serious
inquiries.

Thank you,

Dale Alexander