REFLECTOR: Vne for V

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed Aug 2 17:40:35 CDT 2006

Chuck,

I had a self induced flutter problem a couple of year ago.

Once I corrected it( or at least thought I had)  I tested my plane to
210 KIAS. I figured I should test to 10 knots above the posted limit for
a safety buffer. It was solid as rock, whacking the stick  left and
right, forward and back, jabbing the rudders.  No vibration.  Way cool!!

I think I remember Scott B. saying and I may be wrong,  that the
Velocity had been tested to a Vne of 200 KIAS.  Which begs the question
of what is its theoretical design Vne.

Once I'm back in the air I plan on testing mine to 240 KIAS. 5 knots at
a time.

Scott