REFLECTOR: Runway length

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Wed Aug 2 15:56:51 CDT 2006

Again.. At WHAT density altitude?. makes a huge difference. I only have 4300'
X 40' of runway here at my airpark. Feels like plenty on most things, but
canards really are runway hogs.

 Kurt

All

I fly my 173FG IO360 off a 3400 ft paved runway with 20 ft levees directly
off both ends of the runway.  I did the first flight here and had no
difficulty--landings take a little getting use to the sight picture, but also no issue.

I've also landed/taken off on paved runways as short as 2200 ft with no
issue--you just have to control the speed and fly a stabilized approach.

Bill (I73)