REFLECTOR: Airventure Cup Speed

J.F.Sheehan at larc.nasa.gov J.F.Sheehan at larc.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 1 11:36:40 CDT 2006

Actually I think it was Tim that went by me . Pat was always out in front.
I think Tim had an unfair advantage with the shorter MT prop. He got good advice from the reflector. " cut it off and keep on flyin" He did!
Ther is not a great deal of tactics in this airrace stuff but I used the
same ones I use while sailboat racing. First get all the competioion out in
front of you. Where you can see them. Then you can make your move.
This did not work well since I could not see them for very long.
I amm working on better tactics for next year.
Jack
Race 55