REFLECTOR: O-540 or IO-540 on a 173

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Sun Apr 30 22:30:09 CDT 2006

Kurt,

You're V will run circles around mine ... just because of the weight
advantage!

You're right, you won't need ballast.

As far as density altitude goes ... here where I'm based (FTG 5580 ft.
elevation) on a hot day Density can reach around 7,000 to 8,000.  On the
worst days ... I take off at around 2500 ft.  I could push it to rotate
sooner, but I don't.