REFLECTOR: Retract speed increase

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Apr 27 14:44:11 CDT 2006

As we all know induced drag is directly related to airspeed.

This would mean that the small wing, small fusalage with 200 HP engines
would see the most difference between retracts and fixed gear.

the large wing is a slower plane and would thus have a smaller difference.

Also as you have infered fairings, straight fusakge to wings and canard
also will make a huge difference.  You can have a "fast" fixed gear plane
and a "slow" retract.

Getting an apples to apples comparison will be difficult at best.

Scott