REFLECTOR: Missing forward hatch

michalk michalk at awpi.com
Thu Apr 27 11:47:29 CDT 2006

I have a latch on the removable front hatch as well.  Do you have any
pictures of how the assembly was installed?  Did the latch fail?  Or
some other faster?

I have a toungue that holds the front edge in place, and a spring loaded
fiberglass latch I made.  I'm fixed gear so won't have the high
pressure, and the front area is not sealed with respect to the cabin.
So hopefully in my case there is actually a vacuum holding the hatch in.

Good to know the airplane flew fine without the hatch.