REFLECTOR: Redundancy (was Compass)

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Tue Apr 25 22:13:01 CDT 2006

Yes, I have not yet decided whether to use a little second battery or to use
a twin of the "main" battery as the back-up battery.  It's likely to be
determined by weight & balance considerations.  The main battery does not
have to be particularly large or heavy if a sealed lead-acid battery is
selected.  Since I'm not using a vacuum system, I put the B&C SD-8 PM
alternator on the vacuum pump pad.  That provides quite a bit of redundancy
in the electrical system.  The electrical system will also be divided into
separate buses so that a fault can be isolated.  I will have a feed from
each bus to the GRT EFIS.

Keith

  _____