REFLECTOR: Transition training

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sun Apr 23 16:32:39 CDT 2006

 Hmm  things sure get off track dont they.

I dont recall anything in my purchase contract saying I was supposed to be provided cheap, convenient transition training (although I would love to have that).  The Velocity family has been around a long time by making decent business decisions and I hope they will contunue. Don't get me wrong, there are some things I have had problems with and that I'd like changed, but at least they are still around.

I'd love to come out and get transition training, but I think it would make more sense for me to do in once my slow speed taxi tests are done. Otherwise, I may erase all the good training by continuing to fly my old 235.

On the other side, Milt tries very hard to make good things happen at these events. Perhaps his leaning on V was a bit much, but he is trying. At the last event, he worked his butt off getting the skydiving thing together. Many people didnt show up or backed out at the last minute, and that almost canned it for all of us. Luckilly, a velocity builder stepped up and decided to jump even though she had already jumped before in the past (thanks Brooke).
I'm glad because I loved it and still have the video to prove I jumped.

My point is, if Velocity needs 5 people to make the transition training happen, and only 4 or 5 say they are going to do it.... guess what?  They may bring all their toys and people, only to have half the people back out (for whatever reasons). Now if they get twice the number they need to, speak up... odds may be in their favor to make (at worst) a break even event.

These events take lots of time, planning, effort and patience to make happen. I appreciate all the work and hope I can attend. In the meantime....enjoy all the good stuff we have.

 Kurt