REFLECTOR: Transition Training

Chuck Harbert c.harbert at comcast.net
Sat Apr 22 12:52:00 CDT 2006

Al, I got my insurance through EAA's program with AIG through Falcon
Insurance (866-647-4322) out of TX (ask for Jim Nelson). I don't think they
asked about the factory training, but I told him I had dual instruction with
Steve Murphree who is a factory authorized inspector (for the factory
checklist) and instructor. He signed my logbook regarding the instruction.

I filled out a questionnaire that asked all those questions (total time in
type, ratings, etc) which I think is standard. I'll fax you a copy if you
need it. I also had 10 V hours from the time when I had the auto engine
which helped. You might have a problem because of the auto conversion, but
can't hurt to ask.

I think AOPA has a program as well.  My $1 million of liability and $100K of
hull (std RG) was originally about $4K, but dropped last year to $3,400.

Chuck H

 Al Geitsen asked: