REFLECTOR: Transition training

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sat Apr 22 11:52:27 CDT 2006

Al:

Scott Baker, Scott Swing and Duane Swing determined the cost of bringing a
plane to Dallas together  with the cost of an instructor would be an
inflated price of $3,000. Those three men declined to spend those funds. The
same three men had no problem in taking your $30,000 for your kit.

I am trying to reason with them by suggesting the training be done in the
plane in which they plan to arrive in Dallas and not bring a second plane. I
have not yet heard from them on that proposal.

Will you still attend?

Milt.

I discussed with Scott B. yesterday; and was informed that they would not be
doing transition training in Texas.  They are; however, planning to provide
the ground school portion (4 hrs) at no charge; and provide a $100 voucher
that can be applied to the flight training at Sebastian.

I think that is a generous 'good will' offering, and I can understand the
need for the keeping an eye on the P and L; however for me on the West
Coast, Sebastian is a long way to go for flight training. I'm still looking
at getting Velocity flight training here with my intended test pilot and
someone else's plane.  Commercial flight is booked, but final decision to
fund or forget is still pending.

Al